Sunday, March 21, 2010

Some Will Say...

Some will say "Real friends are the people you can tell all your secrets to and they still love you"
Some will say "Real friends never let you down"
Some will say "Real friends are always there when you need them"

I say that real friends do not hold expectations that are unachievable, they listen to your secrets and share theirs, they don't feel like they always have to say something...but when they have something to say do not hold back, they encourage you, and stand by you (infront of and behind your back). That is what real friends do.

With that said I am frustrated with the trueness of some of the friendships I have formed in my sorority. I believe that some of these girls truly are only looking out for themselves. When it is convienient for them- they are a friend- if not...see ya! They can fade in and out of my life as often as I change my socks. I do not want luke warm friendships anymore.

In my life I have experienced some not so true friendships; I've also had great friendships that have faded away. And I've had some friendships that have stood the test of time and trials life has thrown our way. I believe that all of these friendships have taught me valuable life lessons. As part of a sorority outsiders looking in would think that we all love and adore each other. WRONG. Like any group of girls we have our problems that we have to deal with; fights, gossip, boys. Being around this many girls is something that I never saw myself doing; however, even on the bad days I am proud to call myself a part of that house. I have learned to celebrate the good that we do as a whole; and cherish the true friends I have made that I wouldn't have made without my sorority. I have learned that common values, goals, and morals are more importnat and hold real friendships together better than a fun drunken night does.

1 comment:

  1. I love your definition of true friends. I was never in a sorority, but my best friends were. They experienced a lot of what you are talking about here.

    ReplyDelete